- I went to this on Saturday night. I liked it! I have not seen Cirque de Soleil, so unfortunately I can't give you a great comparison. One person I went with thought it was a grungier and lower rent version of Cirque de Soleil (HA!!!), but she still liked it. My friends and I had a great time, and I thought the performances were amazing.
- A few words of caution.....the event takes place in a tent. As blazing hot summer has arrived in full force, I would recommend attending the show in the evening as that will cut down on the sweat factor at least a little bit.
- There is NO NEED to dress up for this event. You have to walk through dirt and hay to get to the event, and all the chicks in heels and dudes in suits (hello?!?!) looked a little bit miserable. I wore a summer dress and sandals, and I ended up with grubby and dusty feet, but at least I was comfortable.
- There are NO RESTROOMS, only port-a-potties. I find port-a-potties revolting, so I did not drink even a drop of liquid the whole time I was there.
- Ticket prices range from $25-$80. I don't think you need to spring for the pricey tickets. We paid $80 a ticket (GULP! I agreed to attend before I heard the price!), but I think anyone would be fine with a cheaper ticket as long as the view is not obstructed.
- Regarding the email I received from an ex a while back, I reviewed all the FANTASTIC comments you guys wrote and read them repeatedly. I talked the situation over with the boyfriend, and I thought about it all for a day or two. I ended up sending the ex a VERY short email. All it said was "Hey there. I am doing well and hope you are too". So far he has not replied, and I doubt he will. Done!
- I am working on this one. So far there WILL BE A CAR RENTAL. For sure. I think I'll give a full update on this one later, but I have a game plan and it is going to work. I have figured out a fair compromise that will leave everyone happy. Sorry to be so vague, but f*cking a this post is way too long already.
- Oh, this is a sore subject, so I'll keep it short. In February a guy t-boned my car. My insurance company has informed me that THE FUCKWIT THAT HIT MY CAR AND CAUSED $6,000+ OF DAMAGE is going to sue me for soft-tissue damage, even though he was 100% at fault for this accident. There is some chance that this will end up in court, so I will limit my commentary here even though I could write a black and blue streak that would make you all run for the hills. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I think that is it. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST!!! Bah.